Exchange semester at HOST
Do you wanna get to know a new country, collect experience on living abroad and connect with people from all over the world? Then come to Stralsund, study here for one or two semester and experience the best time of your life!
What are actually the best arguments to study at HOST?
This page gives you more helpful information about the application process and the course of action of your study abroad.
The deadlines for application are May 31st for the winter semester (start in September) and November 30th for the summer semester (start in March).
In order to apply at the Hochschule Stralsundyou must first be nominated by your home university. After that, you will receive a link to an online application form, through which you will have to upload the following documents:
- Personal data sheet (CV)
- Transcript of records
- "Receipt of application" for accomodation
- Letter of motivation
- Learning Agreement (Eramus students have to initiate a digital Learning Agreement via the mobility tool used by the home university, all other students will find a template in the online application form)
- Certificate of undergraduate degree (if applicable)
- Written proof of previous university/college education in Germany (if applicable)
Please note: Only applications that are complete and submitted by the deadline can be processed!
If your application is successful, you will receive your "Letter of Acceptance" and first information about your stay abroad here in Stralsund.
Did you receive your Letter of Acceptance from us? Congratulations!
Now the biggest step for your semester in Stralsund is done and you can start to plan and prepare your stay abroad. In the following you find important questions you have to consider:
We recommend and ask you to arrive at the days before the International Welcome Week begins. If you arrive later, please contact us and keep in mind that you will miss important meetings, funny events and a relaxed start here in Germany.
As soon as you have an exact arrival time, please inform us.
All exchange students participate automatically in our buddy programme. Buddies are local experienced students, who support you in the first days by integrate and get settled. They will also be your mentor for your whole stay.
Your buddy will also pick you up from the train or bus station in Stralsund, make an appointment to get your keys and arrange your moving in.
Before you commence your studies, you need to enroll at Stralsund University of Applied Sciences. You will receive fixed appointment dates to enroll by mail before your arrival.
Remember to bring:
- Copy of your passport and visa (non-EU students) or ID card (EU students)
- A pass photo
- Your health insurance certificate or alternatively your EHIC card or your proof of "Befreiung von der Krankenversicherungspflicht"
- A transfer voucher or bank statement showing that you paid the administration fee
We will give you a previous Letter of Enrollment in order to open a bank account and to get a health insurance. Please hand in all required documents as soon as possible to get your official Letter of Enrollment.
One week after your enrollment you can pick up your HOST card at the Incoming Office (Room 128, Building 1).