Welcome to HOST! Are you thinking about studying here? Or are you interested in a period of study or internship abroad? Are you a university lecturer or staff member who would like to find out more about staff mobility as part of research, teaching or professional development, or about starting an international university partnership? Then HOST International's service ist just what you have been looking for! On the following pages we provide you information about our University's international relations.
Applications for studies starting in the coming winter semester 2018/19 can still be submitted if you are a citizen of the EU. All further information can be found here.
International News & Events
The Incoming Coordinator at the International Office (IO), Mr Dane, is the first point of contact at HOST for international study applicants. He provides information and looks after you prior to, during and after your period of study or internship at our University. The Incoming Coordinator is responsible for your admission for a study place. Students from abroad receive support for preparing and organising their studies and for social integration in the University town of Stralsund.
New Office hours:
Tuesday and Wednesday 1pm to 4pm
Thursday from 9am to 12am
or by appointment.
Phone: +49 3831 45 6533
Room: 128, Building 1
write him an email
The Outgoing Coordinator at the International Office, Ms Ines Plantikow, helps students at HOST to plan and organise periods of stay abroad and advises them about financing opportunities. She holds regular information events. Our tip: arrange for an individual first consultation about 1.5 years prior to your planned departure.
Office hours on Wednesday and Thursday from 9am to 12am or by appointment.
Phone: +49 3831 45 6607
Room: 126, Building 1
write her an email
The International Affairs Department is basically Host's "Foreign Office". This is where everything comes together so that we are able to offer you the best international chances.
- Development and implementation of the Internationalisation Strategy
- Development and maintenance of university partnerships
- Development and maintenance of national and international networks
- Governance of student mobility and related language, preparation and supervision offers
- University coordination of Erasmus+ and other multi-university externally funded projects (DAAD, Ministry for Education etc.), applications and governance of central programmes and projects
- Service for schools: support/advice e.g. for summer schools, international degree courses, double degrees, external funding applications
- Lecturer and staff mobility
- Management of the Internationalisation Commission
- Public relations
Office hours: by arrangement
- Vice-rector for study and teaching Prof. Dr.Dirk Engel
- Prof. Dr. Petra Bittrolff, School of Mechanical Engineering
- Prof. Dr. Hiltgunt Fanning, School of Business Studies
- Prof. Dr. Werner Gronau, School of Business Studies
- Prof. Dr. Michael Bierhoff, School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
Head: Katja Brachmann
Head of International Affairs
Phone: +49 3831 457 052
Room: 101, Building 1
write an email