Nearly all master’s programs (exept Medical Technical Systems, Renewable Energy and E-Mobility - 4 Semester, Simulation and System Design - 4 Semester and Tourism Development Strategies) can be started in the winter or summer semester.
The Study and Examinations/International Division checks whether the application documents that have been sent are complete and the formal requirements have been met and sends them on to the Admission Commission of the respective program of study. This then examines the candidate’s suitability for the program and decides on admission. The candidate then receives a written notification per post.
Voraussetzung für die Zulassung zum konsekutiven Masterstudium ist ein abgeschlossenes grundständiges Studium, in der Regel ein einschlägiger Bachelorabschluss.
A successfully completed undergraduate degree, usually a bachelor’s degree related to the desired program of study is a prerequisite for admission to a master’s program.
Even if you have not received your final degree certificate by the application deadline, you can still apply for a master’s program with your current transcript of records or proof of ECTS points that you have currently already gained, the preliminary final mark and the expected date of completion. If you receive a study place, you are admitted conditionally.
Access to the degree program might also depend on further requirements that are named in the examination and study regulations of the respective master’s program. Please inform yourself accordingly in good time.
You can register for admission-restricted courses until 15 July apply for admission-free courses by 30 September. You can find out which deadline applies to you here.
Winter Semester 2020/21
Master course with admission restrictions
The application form for winter semester 2020/21 must have been received by post by the 15 July 2020 (preclusive time limit).
Master courses with free admission
The application form for winter semester 2020/21 must have been received by post by the 30 September 2020.
Management von kleinen und mittleren Unternehmen (KMU)
Renewable Energy and E-Mobility *
Simulation and System Design *
Tourism Development Strategies
Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen, Ergänzungsstudiengang - Diplom
* (only 3 semesters duration for a first degree with at least 210 ECTS points)
Up-to-date information on the summer semester 2021 will be published in November 2020.
After your online application in the applicant portal, please send us further documents by post. You can find out exactly what these are here.
Please send us the following documents per post:
- Signed Enrolment Request (Antrag auf Einschreibung) from the online application portal that includes a passport photo for your student ID card
- Tabular CV
- Certificates proving your higher education entrance qualification, certified copy
- Degree certificate and transcript of records for the undergraduate degree, certified copy (if not yet at hand: proof of ECTS points gained, preliminary final mark and expected date of completion)
- current proof of marks
- Proof of the total number of ECTS points gained during your undergraduate degree, in accordance with the Study and Examination Regulations
- Deregistration certificates from all of the universities at which you were previously a student (can be submitted later with your enrolment)
- Copy of your national ID card or passport
Required proof for certain study programs:
- Electrical Engineering, Computer Science and Medical Technical Systems (only if the bachelor’s degree had an average mark of 2,7 or below):
a motivation letter in German or English (approx. 500 words)
- Renewable Energy and E-Mobility (only if the bachelor’s degree had an average mark from 2.1 to 2.5):
a motivation letter in German or English (approx. 500 words) and, if applicable, further proof of the subject-specific and program-specific qualification
- Renewable Energy and E-Mobility, Simulation and System Design as well as Tourism Development Strategies:
Proof of proficiency in English (level B2 of the European Framework of Reference for Languages)
- Tourism Development Strategies: Signed declaration of commitment
- Management von SMEs, Simulation and System Design 3-Semester as well as Tourism Development Strategies 2- and 3-Semester:
Proof of a relevant internship that lasted at least 12 weeks or professional experience
- Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Medical Technical Systems, Renewable Energy and E-Mobility (3 Semester and 4 Semester without Internship):
Proof of a relevant internship that lasted at least 12 weeks or professional experience (if already completed, if not this must be provided before you register for your master’s thesis)
- Business Information Systems:
Proof of a relevant internship that lasted at least 20 weeks or professional experience (if already completed, if not this must be provided before you register for your master’s thesis)
Only if applicable:
- Certificates of successfully completed vocational qualification (examination and vocational college leaving certificate
- Proof of employment (only for dual study programs)
- Only for NC: proof of child benefit or similar proof of childcare for minors
- Only for NC and if national service as completed after your undergraduate degree:
Certificate of completed national service for military, civilian or voluntary service.
- Applicants for a second degree (who have already successfully completed a Master's degree): please attach a statement of your reasons