University entrants (1st semester) can only start their studies in winter semester (start 01 September). Applications for summer semester (start 01 March) are only possible for more advanced semesters (students changing degree programs or universities).
1. Higher Education Entrance Qualification
- Secondary school leaving certificate (Abitur or equivalent) or
- College leaving certificate from a technical college (Fachhochschulreife or equivalent) or
- Master’s certificate under the apprenticeship system (Meisterabschluss) or equivalent professional vocational training examination (further information available from the General Student Advice Office) or
- Entrance examination (see ‘studying without Abitur’)
2. The following bachelor’s programs require a preliminary internship of 8 weeks that has to have been completed by the end of the fourth semester.
- Industrial Engineering
- Heath Technology and Management
- Mechanical Engineering
- Motorsport Engineering
- Smart Production
It is recommended that the preliminary internship is completed at least 4 weeks prior to commencement of studies. Information on the requirements can be found on the individual program pages. Our Online Job ExchangeOnline can help you find a suitable internship. Proof of your internships should not be submitted with your application, but at the start of your studies.
Corresponding professional qualifications or other corresponding experience can be credited. Employment contracts do not count as proof. The University does not provide internship contracts. Accident insurance is covered by the company where the internship is taking place via the relevant trade association.
An application for our degree programs is possible via the online application. You can find out which deadline applies to you here.
Summer Semester 2024
Enrolment for summer semester is only possible for more advanced semesters (students changing degree programs or universities) with creditable achievements.
Bachelor course with admission restrictions (with NC)
Your online application must be received by the 15 January 2024(preclusive time limit).
Leisure and Tourism Management
Bachelor courses with free admission
Your online application must be received by the 29 February 2024.
Gesundheitstechnik und Management
International Management Studies in the Baltic Sea Region (BMS)
IT-Sicherheit und Mobile Systeme
Softwareentwicklung und Künstliche Intelligenz
Up-to-date information on the winter semester 2024/25 will probably be published in the mid of April.
After your online application in the applicant portal, we require further documents from you as an upload. You can find out exactly what these are here.
For bachelor’s programs without admission restrictions (no NC):
- a passport photo for your student ID card
- Tabular CV
- copy of certificates of higher education entrance qualification
- If applicable, certificates of successfully completed vocational qualification (examination and vocational college leaving certificate)
- If applicable, proof of all universities that you have previously been enrolled at (current proof of marks/transcript of records including possible failed attempts and deregistration certificate)
- Account statement or print-off from online-banking or self-service terminal at the bank that proves your payment of the Semesterbeitrag (Semester Fee) and the fee for first-time enrolment of a total of € 113.00 (if you were already enrolled at HOST, you only have to pay € 93.00)
Payment recipient: Hochschule Stralsund
Name of bank: Sparkasse Vorpommern
IBAN: DE16 1505 0500 0112 2350 93
Reference: must be in the following form (there must be no text before the applicant number) your applicant number, your first name(s) surname
- Copy of your national ID card or passport
- Proof of employment (only for dual study programs)
What else do you have to do:
- the notification of your health insurance status (digital student notification procedure of the statutory health insurances (SMV)), important for the communication with your health insurance: dispatch number of the Stralsund University of Applied Sciences is H0000327
For bachelor’s programs with admission restrictions (NC):
During the application deadline, please only complete your online application without uploading any other documents. If you are accepted, you will receive a written notification of the documents that will then be required.
- Applications for an advanced subject semester: please submit your current list of marks/transcript of records including failed attempts of your current program of study
- Applicants for a second degree (who have already successfully completed a degree): please attach a statement of your reasons
- You have requested a case of hardship or compensation for disadvantages: please attach a request that can be made in any form and corresponding proof
- Applicants for Leisure and Tourism Management who claim to have a professional tourism-related qualification: please attach your certificate
- Preferential admission applied for: please enclose proof of service rendered and admission of the HOST.
- Top athletes: top sports squad of the DOSB - please enclose certificate of the Olympic Training Centre in M-V