The ERASMUS+ provides an opportunity to teach at one of the Erasmus+ partner universities of Stralsund University of Applied Sciences for a limited period of time.
Please find information by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) for staff mobility here.
→ Application deadline: 15.11. with start of the mobility in the 1. quarter of the calendar year
→ Application deadline: 15.02. with start of the mobility in the 2. quarter of the calendar year
→ Application deadline: 15.05. with start of the mobility in the 3. quarter of the calendar year
→ Application deadline: 15.08. with start of the mobility in the 4. quarter of the calendar year
In especially justified exceptional cases, the staff mobility can be requested outside the mentioned deadlines.
Programmes and Information
- Professors and Lecturers
- Scientific Assistants and PhD Students, who are active in teaching
- Staff from foreign companies and organisations (can be invited to German universities for educational purposes)
- strengthening of the European dimensions of the host university through supplementing the course offer, and exchange of expertise from guest lecturers to students who cannot or do not like to study abroad
- development of joint study programs among the partner universities
- exchange of educational content and methods
- a minimum of 2 days and a maximum of 60 days for program countries (travel time excluded)
- eight hours teaching time per stay for the first week or a shorter stay are obliged (Project 2017-2019)
- pro rata calculation of the minimum working hours for each further day of stay beyond one week (seven days)
The financial support is based on the different costs of living in the program countries.
Flat-rate financing for stays
The following daily rates are adapted for four country groups until the 14th day of stay, from the 15th until the 16th day of stay the financial support is 70% of the daily rates:
- Gruppe 1: 180 Euro per day for Denmark, Finland, Ireland, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Norway, Sweden, UK
- Gruppe 2: 160 Euro per day for Belgium, Germany (Incomer), Greece, Iceland, Croatia, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Portugal, Slovenia, Spain, Czech Republic, Turkey, Cyprus
- Gruppe 3: 140 Euro per day for Bulgaria, Estonia, Croatiea, Latvia, Lithunia, Macedonia, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Czech Republic, Turkey, Hungary
The traveling expenses are determined by the dependency of the distance between the place of departure and the destination of the mobility. Therefore, a unified calculation instrument is used. The following sums are refunded, per stay and in dependency of the distance, for the project 2018-20:
- 10-99 km – 20 EUR
- 100 km – 499 km with 180 Euro
- 500 km – 1.999 km with 275 Euro
- 2.000 km – 2.999 km with 360 Euro
- 3.000 km – 3.999 km with 530 Euro
- 4.000 km – 7.999 km with 820 Euro
- 8.000 km and further with 1.500 Euro
If applicable, special grants for university staff with special needs
- valid ERASMUS+ partnership agreement with the foreign university
- teaching staff of the university
- at least 8 hours of teaching per week at the partner university and, if applicable, pro rata increase of teaching workload for longer stays (look at Duration/Project 2017-19)
- stays abroad at a minimum of two days and a maximum of 60 days (plus travel days)
- invitation from the partner university (e-mail is sufficient)
- allowance for the business trip by supervisor
- complete processing of the ERASMUS+ documents and the EU-Survey
- short report about execution and performance of the mobility
- availability of funds (approval by ERASMUS+ coordinator of the university)
- a preferred fund for guest lecturers that is based on the following criteria, takes place:
- at partner universities in the baltic sea region (strategic main focus on the state mecklenburg-western pomerania) or/and
- at partner universities with insufficient admission capacity measured by the demand of outgoing-students or rather by a non-reciprocal incoming-amount at the University of Stralsund (reciprocity of student committee) or/and
- in the context of research focus by the University of Stralsund or/and
- for first time applicants
Please completely fill in the following application documents and upload them on our online application platform:
- Online Application form
- invitation by partner university (e-mail), in which the teaching programm for the planned mobility is explained
- the business trip announcement approved by the supervisor and the principal
- application for receiving the "Certification about applied Legislation" (A1-Form EU) or an application for "Forwarding the German Legislation about social Security" (A1-Form no EU state)
- completely filled in ERASMUS+ Mobility Agreement (English) Please note: the signature of the partner university must not be submitted in the original. A scanned copy, additionally signed by the applicant, can be submitted to the ERAMSUS+ coordinator for signature
- if applicable, a teaching assignment
Approvals are given due to the fulfillment of the grant conditions and the available funds for the ongoing ERASMUS+ program year.
After the inspection of the submitted applications the selection decision is made by the ERASMUS+ coordinator of the university and is communicated by the outgoing-coordinator to the applicants within 14 days.
The ERASMUS+ coordinator provides you with the Grant Agreement (Funding Agreement) and sends you this and the Form Confirmation of Stay (Certificate for Residence) via e-mail.
You are asked to sign the printed Grant Agreement and send it back to the International Office for their signature. As soon as every document is completed, you will receive an advance transfer of 80% of the agreed ERASMUS+ grant within 30 days.
Certificate of Residence shortly before the return: Please let the duration of the stay confirm in the Letter of Confirmation (first/last working day - without travel days). If the training also takes place on the weekend it must be confirmed in the document.
Insurance Coverage: Please check your insurance coverage abroad. With the ERASMUS+ mobility fund there is no related insurance coverage.
Income Tax Return: Due to the lump-sum refunding for your training, these transactions have to be reported in your income tax return. Please keep all bills/tickets or similar paper of your journey to prove these expenses in your income tax return.
Car-Usage – no liability for damages: Please keep in mind that the University of Stralsund takes no liability for damages caused by the usage of a vehicle (valid for your car and rent cars)
No Ticket-Bookings via the HOST: Ticket and hotel bookings and similar cannot be made via the University of Stralsund.
The following documents must be submitted within 30 days after the mobility phase:
- Certificate of Residence/ Letter of Confirmation (as scan via e-Mail to the International Office is sufficient)
- EU-Survey-Online questionnaire/Participants report (therefore you will receive a link via e-mail)
- original application for business trip plus invoice with all original bills of the business trip
If everything is complete, you will receive the final settlement of your mobility phase and the remaining amount will be paid off.