Did you receive your University entrance certification or your bachelor's degree in another country than Germany?
If yes, you need to apply via the online portal of uni assist. The nationality of the applicant is not important in this case. Uni Assist checks your documents and informs you as soon as possible if the formal admission requirements for the specific degree course are met. In this case the documents will be forwarded to us.
To ensure an effectiv and rapid processing from our side, please note and take the following steps:
1) Application deadlines for all applicants with foreign certificates for the summer semester 2020:
31 December 2019 for nationals of non-EU countries for all courses of study
15 January 2020 for nationals of EU countries for courses of study with restricted admission (NC)
29 February 2020 for nationals of EU countries for courses of study with free admission (no NC)
Application for the summer semester is possible from the beginning of November 2019.
The date of receipt of all documents as well as the processing fee for uni assist are of essential importance. The Processing fee of uni assist accounts € 75 (or € 30 for every other university). Here, you find information on the payment methods.
To guarantee a rapid processing, the chance to answer open questions, request missing documents at due date, we suggest to apply as soon as possible. Please keep in mind that an incomplete application can not be processed by uni assist!
The processing through uni assist can take several weeks. If your documents are not complete until the end of the application period we can not provide you admission. In this case, however we can sustain your application for the upcoming semester if you wish.
2) Application Documents
For admission at the University of Applied Sciences Stralsund you have to submit the following documents:
- completely filled out application for admission via uni assist
- certified copy of your university entrance certification with subjects and grades
- if applicable certified copy of your university entrance exam (for example for applicants from Iran,
Turkey and Korea)
- if applicable certified copy of the transcript of record and bachelor degree with subjects and
grades (if you have studied before, independently on how long)
- certified copy of one of the named German or English certificates
- a copy of your passport (page with name and foto)
- a payment confirmation of the fee for UNI-ASSIST e.V.
Please note that, we can only consider your second choice for a degree course, if you were rejected for your first choice. You only get admission for one degree course.
Please do not send orginial certificates, only officially certified copies!
Please send the documents to the following address:
All required certificates must be submitted in original language as well as in German or English (by a licensed translator). Furthermore, all certificates and their translations must be officially certified. The University of Stralsund recognizes official certifications from the following institutions:
- German Embassy (all certificates)
- German Consulate (all certificates)
- Goethe Institute (all certificates)
- Schools where the applicant completed high school education (for certificates issued at the school)
- Universities where the candidate has studied (for certificates issued by the university)
- Official certifications of authoriued authorities and notaries of the respective country
For more information about document certification, visit the uni assist website.
3) Further procedure after receipt of the application
After applying, you can check the current status of your applications in the uni-assist online portal and if necessary, contact uni assist. The result of the review will be sent to the applicants by e-mail.
There are two possible key results of the formal rewiew:
1. The applications are forwarded to the University of Stralsund
If the documents in principle meet our requirements, the application will be forwarded to us by uni-assist. We decide whether you are admitted to the degree course or not and inform you about our decision and all further steps.
In the meantime, please do not inquire about your application status. You will be informed as soon as a decision has been made.
2. The applications will not be forwarded to the University of Stralsund
If the documents are incomplete or do not meet our requirements, your application will not be forwarded to us. Within the application deadline you can submit the missing documents.
Please note that your application documents will only be kept for one year and uni assist will not return your documents to you. If you have any further questions regarding this procedure, you can consult uni assist for more information and sample sheets.
Thank you and good luck for your application!